Woman who got pregnant during nine-year affair with Jay-Z, breaks her silence

Carmen Bryan, 52, took to Instagram to criticise Jay-Z in the face of allegations accusing the star of raping a 13-year-old girl.

She posted: “These days people don’t defend what is right, they defend who they like! And that’s why we call you “groupie”.

The author and entrepreneur fell pregnant during a nine-year affair with the rapper that took place between 1995-2004.

She pointed out the rapper’s lyrics in his feature on Kanye West’s song ‘Monster’ – threatening to “rape and pillage your village, women and children”.

Bryan previously worked in the music industry, referring to herself in her autobiography as the ‘hip hop Helen of Troy’.

Carmen Bryan took to Instagram to break her silence.
Carmen Bryan took to Instagram to break her silence. Picture: Carmen Bryan, Instagram

Yesterday, Jay-Z asked for the identity of a woman who accused him of raping her when she was just 13 to be revealed – or for the case against him to be dismissed.

Lawyer Tony Buzbee, representing the anonymous rape accuser, has alleged Jay-Z ‘harassed’ his family – and said the rapper’s claims of ‘blackmail’ are ‘bogus and laughable’.

Read more: Can you solve GCHQ’s Christmas puzzle? Put your brain to the test against Britain’s top spies

Read more: FA to support Saudi bid for 2034 World Cup

Legal papers refiled on Sunday claim Jay-Z, real name Shawn Carter, alongside Sean Combs, AKA ‘P Diddy’ drugged and raped the complainant, named only as Jane Doe, at an afterparty following the 2000 MTV Video Music Awards.

The victim claims an unnamed female celebrity watched on.

Jay-Z and his wife, Beyonce, at Los Angeles Premiere Of Disney's "Mufasa: The Lion King"
Jay-Z and his wife, Beyonce, at Los Angeles Premiere Of Disney’s “Mufasa: The Lion King”. Picture: Getty
Carmen Bryan shopping in Beverly Hills
Carmen Bryan shopping in Beverly Hills, 2015. Picture: Alamy

Mr Carter has described the case as a “blackmail attempt” by the claimant’s lawyer, saying his “only heartbreak” was for his family.

The lawyer said: “Let me be clear: We will not be bullied or intimidated by these shenanigans. And our clients won’t be silenced.”

The federal civil lawsuit was originally filed in October in the Southern District of New York, listing Combs as a defendant, but was refiled on Sunday to add Mr Carter.

Related Posts

Both Pilots Were Unconscious at 38,000 Feet. Then an 11-Year-Old Girl Climbed Into the Cockpit

Ava glanced at the myriad of buttons and switches, her mind a whirlpool of information organized with precision. When her mother, a decorated Air Force pilot, was…

Heartless Husband Forged Property Documents After I Delivered Our Premature Triplets

Delivering my triplets, two boys and one girl, felt like a painful marathon instead of a joyous triumph. My babies were fighting for their lives in the…

Quiet Single Father And Former Pilot Rescues Stricken Transatlantic Passenger Flight

Marcus Cole was a thirty eight year old software engineer and single father traveling on a night flight from Chicago to London. He had left his career…

My Astonishing Playground Discovery Reunited Me With My Missing Twin Son

My name is Lana and I always believed I lost one of my twin sons during a difficult childbirth. During my pregnancy I experienced severe health complications…

I Told My Children They Won’t Get a Cent Until They Follow These 3 Rules—Chaos Ensued

I’m 68 years old, widowed, and after decades of careful planning, my house is finally paid off. My retirement fund is stable — not extravagant, just secure….

U Twists That Reminded Us of Life’s Wholesome Side

When I was 10 years old, I suddenly lost my dad. The last gift he gave me was a singing teddy bear, which I cherished. Twenty years…